BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

3 Weeks already

Well, as of yesterday, Isabella is 3 weeks old! I can't believe it! I still remember waking up with contractions. It really does go so fast! I feel like she has already changed so much. She is awake so much more during the day. She loves to watch tv. She actually does not hate having her diaper changed anymore. It is crazy.


After the last post about the doctor wanting us to start supplementing with formula we had another appointment. They just wanted to see her to check her weight after supplementing for a few days. So, tuesday we started to give her formula right after I breast feed her. That day she only weighed 7 pounds 2 oz. Then when we took her back to the doctor on friday she was already up to weighing 7 pounds 13 oz!!!! They were very impressed with her progress. We dont have to take her back to the doctor until her 2 month check up. It is like we have a different baby now. It is hard not to feel bad since I was not feeding her enough. But with breast feeding, you never know how much they are really getting. Also, I did not know how much she should be getting. So, that was why she cried all the time. Now, it is pretty rare that she will scream. She whimpers to tell you she is hungry or wants her diaper changed but that is it really. Needless to say, this makes it much easier on Byron and I. It also makes it much more enjoyable.

She is so calm now that we actually took her to church for the first time today. She was so good. She slept through praise and worship. Then only made little noises when the preaching started. So I picked her up and she went right to sleep. I was so proud of her. So, everyone got to see her and stare at her for a few minutes. I didn't let anyone hold her, I am still not ready for that. But it was so great to introduce her to all the people who had been following the pregnancy so closely and praying for her during the whole 9 months.

So, I would say things are going great here. I LOVE being a mom. It is interesting to me all the instincts that kicked in when I had her. My body physically responds to her crying. I can tell a tired cry from a "I just want some attention" cry. It is a huge responsibility to be a parent. But all I can do is trust that the Lord chose Byron and I to be the perfect parents for Isabella. I have to trust that He gave me the instincts I need in order to care for her like He would. Basically, I am learning to trust God even more and I am gaining new perspective of God. This journey has been a hard one already, but the most amazing journey I have ever set out on.

0 comments: