BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

2 weeks old already!


So, Isabella is 2 weeks old now! It is hard to believe. I feel like i just had her yesterday. She had her one week appointment on August 26th. They said she was right on target. Her weight was still low but she looked great.

I then had to take her to her two week appointment on September 8th. They said she was looking great but her weight was still down 5% of her birth weight. So they said I need to supplement with formula. So now, I breast feed her then offer her a bottle. She is no longer fussy and sleeps much better during the night. She is like a different baby now. So, now that the fussiness is so reduced, motherhood is much more enjoyable.

Last night was the first night that she slept in her bassinet between each feeding. Usually she will only sleep while being held. Needless to say, that was a big deal for mommy. It was the most restful sleep I have had since she was born.

From the day we brought her home until 5 days later, she had not had a dirty diaper, only wet ones. The lactation consultants were not concerned but we could not have it last much longer. So once she finally did poop, we were so excited that Byron opened the bedroom door and announced it to my parents. Ever since that day she has been having them more frequently. The pictures below are an example of one that was VERY bad. She started out all cute in the pretty outfit you see in the above pictures. We then put her in her swing and she was so quiet. Byron went to get her out of it and he said "man, she is sweating!" He looked down in the swing and realized it was not sweat, but instead, it was poop. It was everywhere! It was up to her arm pits! Byron calmly changed her and took care of the mess all before I even got out of the shower.

Things otherwise are going great! My parents have been here for two weeks to help us out. It has been such a blessing. Mom does laundry, cooking, cleaning and calming of the baby. It gives me time to sleep and take care of myself. They are leaving tomorrow and I am sad. But I also know that I need to get on with this motherhood stuff and learn to do this on my own. I am nervous but excited to get on with it.


0 comments: